Chapters 1-5 overview!

Welcome back to my blog! So far my book is about this girl named Ada. She is treated unfairly by her mother because she is a cripple. Her mother would make her do all the chores in the house such as cleaning the rooms, washing clothes, doing the dishes, etc. This was very hard for Ada because she can’t walk with her left foot. If she disobeyed her mother she would have to stay in a cabinet under the sink for a couple hours or the whole night; depending on what Ada did that made her mother angry. Ada wasn’t allowed to go outside or eat unless she was told to. During that summer Ada was trying to teach herself how to walk so that her mother wouldn’t feel she was an embarrassment to the family. Ada would get bruises from falling down on the floor and foot aches because she wasn’t used to standing on her bad foot. After long days of struggling to walk, Ada was getting better and better.

Welcome People!

Hi, my name is Arissa, welcome to my blog. The book I’m reading is called “The War that Saved My Life”.  The author is Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. I chose this book because it seemed interesting how a war can save a persons life and I wanted to see how that persons life was in the story. I hope that this book has a positive and a great ending.

1 2